My new travel blog!

30 Days till I am here!
Hey guys! So I thought I would start a blog to record all the adventures that I will be experiencing on my study abroad! The Internet is really the only way I'll be able to communicate with people, so I hope you'll follow this blog so you can keep tabs on what I'm up to! For those of you who didn't already know (which would be amazing, since I brag about it every time I can) I will be traveling to NYC, France, Switzerland, Italy, China, and India on a Global Marketing Study Abroad, flying about 21,717 miles. I will be leaving on June 25. Only 27 days away!! Ahh!!

I also thought I'd write about my preparations for the mega-trip. There's still so much to do! Namely:
- buy travel gear and all the stuff on my packing list
- pick up my passport and visas
- get my vaccinations... ugh
- get Worldwide Health Insurance
- take that 200 question take-home test before class starts

Some of you that have been to these countries have given me some good advice on what to see and do, but I'd still love to hear from more of you cultural gurus on your thoughts! You can never be too prepared :)

And to end my first post, here is a list of all the businesses and cultural sites we will be visiting. I am going to learn so much and this will really seal the deal on whether I want to do International PR or not.

Be jealous :)

Cultural visits:

New York
John D. Rockefeller Sr. and Jr.
Broadway
Central Park

France
Charles de Gaulle
Eiffel Tower
Louvre
Versailles and French Architecture
Dijon

Switzerland
Geneva
Swiss Franc
Chateau Chillon

Italy
Duomo/Uffizi Museum
The Renaissance
Michelangelo
Venice

China
Mao Zedong
Great Wall/ Forbidden City
Cultural Revolution
Buddhism/Confucianism/Taoism

India
Taj Mahal/Agra
Hinduism
Jaipur

Businesses:

American Express
Johnson & Johnson
Disneyland Paris!
Stettler Chocolate Factory!
Academia Barilla
Pierotucci Leather
Deloitte (Deloitte, Touche, and Tohmatsu in Beijing)
Apple!
Wal-Mart (China and India)
Gucci!
Prada!
Armani!
Luis Vuitton!
Boart Longyear
Honeywell
L'Oreal Paris
PR firm: look at Ben Sherman, Vanastyn, True Religion Shoes :)
Counterfeiting in China!
McDonald's (Europe, China, India)
The Red Cross (Geneva)
Citigroup
Warp 9 Racing

I AM SO EXCITED!!!

4 Response to "My new travel blog!"

  1. madeleine says:
    May 29, 2011 at 6:33 PM

    First off, wow, and I am incredibly jealous. Here's what I have to say about Italy:
    1. Eat gelato at least twice a day and get new flavors every single time. No repeats. You never know what you're missing out on.
    2. The Duomo will blow your mind. It took 600 years to build, houses the largest organ in Italy, and has somewhere around 3400 statues. Pay the money and take the stairs to the roof. It is so worth it.
    3. At the Galleria dell'Accademia you will see Michelangelo's David. It will change your life. They tell you not to, but you can sneak some pictures.
    4. I didn't make it to Venice, but I hear it can be smelly and lots of birds poop on you. Be prepared.
    5. Read as much as you can before you go places. The more you know, the more you'll appreciate what you see, hear, and smell.
    6. Eat as much pasta as possible and get magherita pizzas all the time. In case you don't know how already, the Italians will show you how eating is done. Pasta will never be as good anywhere else, but it'll be okay.
    7. Try not to rush so much that you miss enjoying everything. Soak it all in and take some time just sit and people-watch.
    9. Eat chocolate and bring me back some. It's just so much better in Europe, especially Switzerland.
    10. Everywhere you go, try to say something to locals in the language. Maybe not in France, but Italians will love you for trying.
    11. Always plan on spending more than you think you will. Make sure you have good shoes but cute outfits so you don't look silly in all your pictures. Charge batteries every night and make sure you always have room on your camera, which you should always have handy. Write like crazy because you'll forget stuff too quickly.
    12. Send me a postcard!!

  2. Unknown says:
    May 29, 2011 at 7:12 PM

    awesome advice girl! thanks! no worries, my camera will be charged at all times and I will for sure bring you some chocolate and a postcard :)

  3. Christine K says:
    May 30, 2011 at 2:23 PM

    Chelsey,

    Wow - I am so excited for you! You are living a dream I still have yet to fulfill. It is so great to explore the world, learn, and enjoy this experience. I worked with an intern last summer at my office, and she did a similar trip a few years ago, where she visited different companies along the way.... she said it was an awesome experience, and a great resume builder for her at gradution time.

    I can't wait to read all your posts, and stay current with your travels. Have a wonderful time, but be safe! Love ya,

    Aunt Christine :) PS - I am so jealous.

  4. Unknown says:
    May 30, 2011 at 10:34 PM

    Thanks Christine! I'm excited to learn a lot ;) And you'll be one of the first people i'll talk to when i get back because we have a layover in chicago from india and i'm just gonna hop off there :)

Post a Comment