Day 2 - Empire State of Mind

Second day of my adventure is complete! It was such an awesome day : ) I actually think I’ve learned the subway system by now. Another thing about NYC that amazes me is how different each section looks. Soho, Times Square, Fifth Ave, etc all look like different cities somehow.

We started off the day with a business visit to Agentry PR, a one year-old high-end fashion PR firm. The funny story behind this visit is that when we researched it during class, there was no website and we actually thought it was called Argentry PR, so we were really confused and doubted whether or not this place even existed. And when we got there, there was no sign on the door and the elevators didn’t work so we had to take this freight elevator around the corner… pretty sketchy. But when we got there it was actually really cool. They had all their clients collections on display in their office and the people were all super nice. PR is my field, so it reaffirmed that this is what I want to go into… but just not fashion PR. It’s just not my passion, unlike some people on the trip. I won’t even begin to act like I know what I’m talking about when it comes to brands and stuff like that. I just like what looks pretty : )

Racks of their client's collections. Their biggest clients are Ben Sherman and Uniqlo.

They took a picture with us :)

Milk and Honey shoes!


After that we went to the Shake Shack for lunch, a pretty famous place in Madison Park. It was kind of like 5 Guys and In-N-Out, but their custard shakes were delicious.

The line was like an hour long!

We're cool.

My delicious meal.


We then went to Johnson and Johnson’s design headquarters for another business visit. It was interesting to learn how a big business that operates across the world does their marketing and caters their designs to each culture. The guy was also slightly obsessed with sustainability, although J&J doesn’t emphasize how sustainable they really are. Another thing I really liked about J&J is how moral their company is. Like Chris Hacker said, “At this company, you’re more likely to get fired for breaking the credo than for a bad business plan.”

Then it was time for fun! We first went to this Polish restaurant for dinner (our group kind of has this weird obsession with Poland…) Polish food is SO good. I got some meat poleshkis (sp?) and they were amazing.  I think we should go to Poland too on our trip. Mmmm.



We then bummed around Soho for a while, did some shopping and walked around. Then a couple of us went to the Brooklyn Bridge, which was absolutely GORGEOUS. The whole walk felt like a postcard. We also got our very own tour guide, a guy named Travis that we met in Starbucks. He’s interning at a record company and was really nice. I really recommend going on the Brooklyn Bridge at night if you ever come to 
NYC : )

This display in Uniqlo in Soho was pretty crazy.

City Hall

Making a wish at City Hall's fountain

One of the views from Brooklyn Bridge :)



Our new friend Travis, Kimbra, and Michael.

1 Response to "Day 2 - Empire State of Mind"

  1. Kailee says:
    June 29, 2011 at 5:46 PM

    So jealous once again!! That's so cool that there is such a thing as fashion PR! AHHH!!! P.S. If you go to cool fashion places, you should try and collect their business cards for me. Cuz I'm weird like that and would basically love you forever. Just if it's possible. ;) I'm so glad you are really blogging every day because I LOVE reading about your adventures!! :)

Post a Comment