Day 3 - Goodbye, New York!

I’m in the airplane, flying to Paris! I can’t believe I’m saying that! Ahh!

So my last day of New York was a really good one, even though it was short. We started off by visiting the McGarryBowen ad agency. They deal with clients such as Disney, Chevron, Burger King, and Verizon. No big deal. We got a tour of the agency and then they showed us some of their commercial spots and talked to us about what it was like to work in an ad agency. Very enlightening stuff.

The view outside the agency. Yeah, not a bad place to work.

Katy and I

Then we went to 5th Avenue for another business assignment, to go to 3 high-end businesses and talk to their store managers about the brand and get an overall feel for the place. We first stopped at DeBeer’s where the manager talked to us about their high profile diamond company and the new marketing efforts they are starting. Then we went to Armani, and Tim (who LOVES Armani) looked liked a kid in a candy store when we first walked in. It was seriously the sexiest looking store I’ve been in. I wish I had taken a picture, but it was super sleek and full of items I could never afford, of course. We talked to the store manager about the brand, and she was very passionate about it and even asked for Tim’s portfolio, haha. I think she wanted him to be a model or something. He certainly has the facial expressions down.

Trump Tower




We then walked around Central Park, which was really pretty, and got lunch at this tiny Thai restaurant, which was so good. I got the beef garlic. Mmm. I’ve found that the little hole-in-the-wall places have the best food, which is pretty interesting.

Central Park!

Tim C, Michael, Leanna, KMac, Hannah, and I

deliciouso





And that was about it! The shuttle ride to the airport literally took two hours, the traffic was so bad. Here comes Paris!!

2 Response to "Day 3 - Goodbye, New York!"

  1. Kailee says:
    June 29, 2011 at 5:48 PM

    ARMANI!!!! Ahhhh!!! Tim and I need to become friends ;)

  2. Unknown says:
    June 29, 2011 at 6:13 PM

    Haha yeah when I saw your last comment I knew you would love this post. We got a business card and even a catalog from the manager. We're basically like BFF's now haha.

Post a Comment