Day 25 - Elephants and Airplanes

Today I rode an elephant up a mountain in India. Let's read that sentence again, shall we? It was the coolest thing ever. I rode. an. elephant. The view was absolutely astounding. The wall across from us looked a bit like the Great Wall of China :) We rode to the top of a summer palace where we saw some great sights, meditated a bit, and had an epic dance party.




Michael's turban



On the elephant! The pics of us actually on it are on another camera



This was used as the Khan's summer palace

Hannah and I on the fort at the top 

Jeep ride back down



After the elephant excursion we drove back to New Delhi, because that's where the airport is located. We stopped at a shopping mall on the way. It was in the nicer part of the city, and was pretty westernized and clean. We also of course stopped by the McDonald's in the mall, which only offered ice cream, but had some pretty cool choices. I also bought some cool Indian snacks - some chocolate and weird looking potato chips. They were pretty good actually.




Then it was time for our farewell dinner. It was pretty sad knowing this was our last night together, and we had a good time. We gave our gifts (signed elephants and a card) to K-Mac and K-Deets to show how much we appreciated what they did for us and I think they really liked them. They really put together the trip of a lifetime and I can't thank them enough.

I love all of these people so much




party in the backseat


Now it's time for my last airport ride. 15 hours baby. It's finally hitting me that it's over, and I kinda wanna cry. I don't want to go home!




See you in America!

3 Response to "Day 25 - Elephants and Airplanes"

  1. Kailee says:
    July 22, 2011 at 8:08 PM

    "Lets read that sentence again, shall we?" haha you are too funny, Chels. But seriously, that's AWESOME that you rode an elephant! Holy canoli! And I can't believe your trip is over! That's so crazy and it went by soooo fast! I'm way glad you blogged about it though. You should like make one of those blog books where you can print it on a book with all the pictures. I did that for when I went to Guatemala and its way cool. And then you have a hard copy of wonderful memories :)

  2. Unknown says:
    July 23, 2011 at 6:43 AM

    ah that's a great idea! I'll def have to do that! thanks k!

  3. Sharisa says:
    August 1, 2011 at 4:56 PM

    That is super cool you rode an elephant!!!! Like, really. Kinda jealous. ;) It sounds like your trip was incredible!

Post a Comment