Day 7 - A cultural explosion

I can't believe it's already been a week! The days seem really long yet they go by so fast. It's slightly insane.

Today was a great day! We started off by going to the catacombs, which is underneath Paris and contains the bones of six million Parisians, from the 1700s I think. They were really, really cool. Walking through the paths felt like Indiana Jones meets the Count of Monte Cristo. I even touched a skull! It just was so interesting to me how we all look exactly the same when we die, even though we're all individuals with different personalities and appearances while we're alive. Something to think about. We also made friends with two couples in line (we had to wait for like an hour and a half), an older couple from California and a younger couple from New York. They both met online, so I guess it really does work, haha.



Jail Cell?

Looks like a baptismal font ;)





We then went to Musee D'Orsay, an art museum full of Impressionist and Post-Impressionist paintings and sculptures. My Humanities professor would be so proud of me - I recognized most of the artists and many of their paintings! I think my favorites were Courbet, Monet, Renoir, Degas, and Cezanne. They were just beautiful paintings. I wish I had talent like that. We technically weren't supposed to take pictures, but I snuck a quick shot of one of my favorites:

Outside the Musee

Water Lilies by Monet


After that, we went to Versailles. HOLY COW it is amazing! Probably biggest and most decked-out building I've ever seen in my life. Every room is covered in gold, paintings, and overall wealth. It was astounding. We were going to go to the gardens to see the fireworks and water show, but it cost 22 euro! So we might go back tomorrow... we'll see.

King Louis' statue. 



these ceilings were ridiculous


Hall of Mirrors!


pic of Marie Antoinette and family

Me, Alyse, and Kimbra :)


That was only 3 things, but it took all day and was so worth it. Also, I've noticed that there is quite a plethora of Mediterranean (Turkish, Greek) restaurants around here. It must be the Mexican food of France, haha. Either way it's still delicious. I love lamb :)

Some other cool pictures:


sweet European cars

Assemblee Nationale

Genovia! hahaha

1 Response to "Day 7 - A cultural explosion"

  1. Unknown says:
    September 10, 2017 at 4:33 AM

    Excellent website you have here, so much cool information!..
    Oil Paintings

Post a Comment